Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hotel Larson-Wyckoff

Well, we bid a sad farewell to Nancy yesterday, as she left Palm Springs for another leg on her trip out west. It was so much fun having her visit. I think William really took to her, too. David left early this morning, after I had drifted back off to sleep after an early-morning nursing session. He's on his way to Princeton for his ten-year reunion.

(We decided that we'd have to be insane (okay, more insane than usual) to try to fly cross-country to New Jersey with a six-week old baby who insists on eating just about every hour. I can just imagine how much all the other people on the plane would have loved to have had us seated near them! Well, I guess we'll find out what it's like sooner or later anyway, given that we're scheduled to fly to North Carolina for the annual beach trip at the end of July. Ha, ha, all those innocent people thinking that they'll have a nice quiet flight! Wait til they meet...Willasaurus Rex!)

And Mom, a.k.a. Mama Judi, is en route as I type. I'm guessing she's somewhere over west Texas, maybe New Mexico by now. (Hey, New Meixico is the one next to Texas, right? All those square states. Geography has never been my forte. Oh, wait, yes it is NM. Arizona is next to us. Carry on.) William just woke up from a regrettably short nap, and he's crying for me in the other room, so I guess I"ll go in there and entertain (read: feed) him for awhile before I pack him into the car and we hit the road for the airport. I can't wait for Mom to meet her very first grandchild! And for William to meet his other grandmother. He's about twice as big as when Diane (Mama Dee) met him the week after he was born. He's about to outgrow his newborn clothes (sniff, sniff). My baby's growing up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, isn't it pitiful? They just grow too quickly.

~Phuong