Monday, January 22, 2007

Nine months old

By the way, William is nine months old today. He's been here on the outside as long as he was with me on the inside.

Who remembers when he used to look like this?



















Or this?




















This is part of an email that I sent to my friend and former editor Monica after I got home from the hospital...

"Well, I got to hear Marine One make its final descent into Twentynine Palms with the Prez this morning...from my hospital bed with the baby in my arms. Yep, William David Wyckoff decided to make an early appearance, rather than letting his mom rest up for awhile on early maternity leave. My water broke at 9:45 a.m. on Friday, and I went ahead and went to the hospital. He was born at 6:35 a.m. on Saturday, April 22, and weighed 7 pounds and about 12 ounces and was 20.8 inches long. He was born with his eyes wide open and alert, interestingly enough. Blonde hair and blue eyes. And I'm sure that I'm biased, of course, but he's awfully cute, too."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness how that precious baby has grown! What a sweetie! Happy 9 month birthday, William!
Love, Mama Dee

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed! William is a cutie!!!! And 9 months old! He'll be going off to college before long! Love, Moma Judi