Monday, May 29, 2006

We've been busy

Apparently William's fans are clamoring for me to update his blog more frequently. My apologies, dear fans! We've had a busy last few days. My dear friend Nancy came to visit on Wednesday, May 24, and then William's uncle Mark (David's younger brother) came to visit on Friday, May 26. Mark came to take possession of David's old car, the Acura Integra, and drive it back to Nashville, while Nancy came to give me some much-needed girl time, do some rock-climbing and to show off what a pro (Nancy's a nurse) can really do with a cranky baby!

So David gave Mark a crash course in how to drive a standard shift on Saturday. It was very successful. Neither of them killed the other. No one drove the car off a cliff. The engine stayed in one piece. And Nancy and I took William to Sears to have his very first formal portrait taken. He did very well for a little guy, and we got some great photos out of it. I dressed him in the little orange outfit with a tiger on the front--the one that he was supposed to wear home from the hospital, until I discovered just how small a new baby can be (I could have fit two of newborn William in the outfit). He looked darling, if I do say so myself. And luckily, there were no meltdowns during the photo session---of either me or William. And thanks to a couple of strategic wardrobe changes at Sears, we managed to successfully avoid any unfortunate diaper incidents, too. Grandmas and other relatives: those pictures should be back in another 10 days or so, so hang on. They're worth waiting for. Nancy and I had a hard time choosing which ones to order because, of course, they were all cute.

But in the meantime... here's Mark holding William:

And a shot of David feeding William a bottle (as William guzzles down the bottle with gusto I've never seen before in someone so small)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, you keep feeding that baby bottles every other day if not every day even when you think he's a pro at it! We got far too comfortable with our Isabel and she forgot she could do it just like that! And we only lapsed for about 6 weeks without a single bottle when she was 8 weeks old. Love to all three of you.

~Phuong

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!! I have to admit that I am one of the people checking the blog daily for updates. I guess that says a lot for my exciting life. :) Love to you all. Looking forward to the beach.