Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What's that?

Guess what David discovered this evening!

No, not oil in the backyard. No, not the cure to the common cold. No, not a solution for peace in the Middle East. Even more exciting than any of those.

Still guessing?

William's first tooth, peeping over his gumline!

The tooth is erupting on the lower left side of his gums. It's just a tiny little ridge for now, but I bet we'll be seeing more of it very shortly. I was so excited that I called my mom to tell her.

David was feeding him dinner, and he said to me, "I think he might be getting a tooth. He's really been gnawing on things a lot." And he reached in and felt among the Cheerios and Ritz crackers for William's gums. And he said, "Get the flashlight!" And sure enough, once William let us actually get a good look inside his mouth, there it was. A little pearly white tooth.

Wow. My baby is getting teeth and moving around on the floor and eating Cheerios and other table food. He's starting to say words. He's turning into a little boy, oh my God! I can't believe it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
After we read your last blog, I told Aaron that I thought he was about to get a tooth. I noticed more drooling that usual for one thing. Lo and behold, I was right! Aaron can verify this if you need confirmation!
Love,
Diane