Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sit up

I heard William start moving around and fussing this morning around 6:30. I thought about waiting it out, see if he might fall back asleep for a little longer. He didn't start crying, per se, but by the noises, I could tell that he was awake.

When I walked ino his room, William was sitting up in his crib! That's the first time he's ever done that. He was just sitting there, clutching a teddy bear by one leg with one hand and holding one of his soft books in the other. I guess he was reading the book to his teddy.

He's staring to pull up on things, too. He doesn't seem to be quite coordinated enough to get all the way to a standing position, but he's working on it. He halfway pulled up on the side of the tub tonight when I was running his bathwater. I think it's just a matter of him getting enough practice in getting all the movements to work together. That, and enough strength to haul up all 22 pounds (roughly) of him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you'll be running around, chasing him in no time! Very sweet that the first thing he thinks of is to read to his teddy bear ;)

Jennifer Larson said...

Yay, a comment! I was wondering if anybody out there was still reading. I realize that it must get a bit mind-numbing to read all the minutiae about our everyday lives.

It was pretty sweet to see William "reading" to his bear. Hee.

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet story - he's helping Teddy enjoy books just like Mom and Dad are teaching him!
Love, Diane