Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy rainy-day!

It's my birthday, and it's raining. Woohoo!

I'm home in my cozy house with my mama and my son, and it's raining, and my yard is singing. Okay, the yard is not really literally singing. But figuratively, I think it's at least humming a jaunty little tune. God, we so needed rain. I've been fretting about the long string of dry days again. What a great birthday present! I feel less anxious already.

Also, speaking of singing, William sang "Happy Birthday" in his funny little William voice to me, and it really doesn't get any better than that. I'm betting that I might even get to hear it again tonight, when we gather available family members here for pizza and birthday cake. I'll try to get some pictures to post then.

And thanks to all of you who already sent me birthday wishes. What a lovely surprise. Thank you! I'm sort of in denial that I'm another year older, but it's nice to hear from everyone.

1 comment:

JenFen said...

Happy birthday girl!