Sunday, March 02, 2008

Spring Fever

It's official.

I have Spring Fever.

William may have it, too. It was so beautiful this morning that we came home from church, shucked off our good clothes, stuffed ourselves with a quick lunch, and hit the backyard. William could barely sit still in his high chair, he was so excited about going outside to "blow bubuhs."

70 degrees with a light breeze and plenty of sunshine. Does it get any better than that? And yes, we did have snow covering our yard just, what, four days ago? And today, I went outside in a short-sleeved shirt.

William and David and I pretended to be airplanes, and we all kicked a ball around.

















William managed to climb the ladder of his playset all by himself, and he even went down the (tall) slide all by himself. No fear. None.



















And oh, the bubbles! The bubbles were a huge hit. William has always liked bubbles, but there's just something especially wonderful about blowing bubbles in your backyard on the first day that it feels like spring. His DeeDee came over and joined in the fun, also getting covered in bubble solution as William decided to take matters--and the bubble wand--into his own hands.
















A few times, Diane and I had to remind William not to actually put the bubble wand in his mouth. He's still learning how to blow out on cue, and usually that means that he just puts the wand right up to his (usually open) mouth. The whole lower half of his face was soapy when it was time to come inside for his nap. I could have just thrown him in the tub, and added a washcloth, and we'd have had an instant bubble bath.





















This is one of my favorite pictures from today: William and his shadow. He was watching David blow bubbles.


















Another reason it is a good day: Spring Training games are on TV again! David and I always celebrate Opening Day with hot dogs on the grill, and now that spring training games have started, it's just a few weeks away! In fact, I almost bought a package of hot dogs at Kroger today because I could just feel Spring Fever setting in.

I know, I know. We're supposed to get another round of "winter weather" later this week. Spring isn't really here yet. This glorious day is just an early tease. But it's just enough to remind me that spring really is coming. And that just raises my sprits. I've already started thinking about all the fun things we can do outside this spring. David and I found a picture of a little picnic table set on sale at Toys R Us, and we decided we may have to go buy it for William. He can have friends over to play, or he can eat his snack or even his lunch out there on nice days. I think we can put up with a few more weeks of cold weather if we have to. But after this first taste of spring, it may be hard to be completely patient...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! It's supposed to be 65 here today and I'm so happy! I canNOT wait for the first day of spring - just a few more weeks now! Love the pictures of William blowing bubbles and running around outside - can't wait to do that ourselves!

JenFen said...

Aww! Spring is almost here and what a great way to get ready for it. The bubbles looked fun, I am jealous of the grass and Jake has that same outfit from Old Navy. HaHa!