Thursday, August 24, 2006

William's week

William has had quite the eventful week, and it's just Thursday!

First, he had his next round of vaccinations on Monday. You read about that already.

Then, he slept all the way through the night that same night, from 8:45 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.! Really, he did! And not only that, he did it again the following night. I couldn't believe it. Of course, I woke up a lot during the night both nights because I was worried that I hadn't heard from him. You know me, I tend to imagine the worst. I did creep into his room on Monday night to make sure he was, you know, still alive and all. (He was.) I managed to restrain myself on Tuesday night, but I still woke up a lot, for no good reason other than my own paranoia.

Wednesday, we took a little field trip down to the valley. We hit our usual haunts (Target, Barnes and Noble), went to a few of Mommy's favorite stores (Ann Taylor), ate lunch at a pizza place, and swung by Trader Joe's to pick up some sushi for Daddy. Well, Trader Joe's is where we ran into trouble. Not in Trader Joe's. Nope, nothing dangerous in there except for possibly the likelihood of spending too much money on treats. It was the parking lot that did us in. I brainlessly locked my keys in the car...with the engine running, the AC on full blast, and the radio blaring. Luckily, William was not in the car. But I still freaked out. I called AAA, babbled something hysterical and incoherent about being locked out of the car and it being 1000 degrees outside and oh yeah, there's a baby. I mean, it was so hot out there, and the sun was beating down on us, and I was lugging around two bags full of really random groceries that needed to be put in the cooler. And an infant who really didn't need to sit outside in the August desert heat. The AAA guy managed to ascertain that no, William was not locked in the car, and that yes, we were safe, and he sent someone over to rescue us with a slim jim. Twenty minutes later, we were on our way, thanks to Justin from Roy's Towing. Whew.

Today, William saw his new pediatrician for his four-month well-baby check-up. He's a healthy little guy. Okay, not so little: 16 pounds, 4 oz, and more than 25 inches long. He's above the 70th percentile for weight, and just above the 50th for height. And while his round head may look big, it's actually only in the 50th percentile, too. So we won't have to custom order hats for him or anything. And William behaved himself very nicely. He showed how well he can pull himself up when he's propped on his tummy, and he flashed his trademark gummy grin. We think he's just days away from rolling over, too, so I expect that to be the next major event on the horizon. David and I are helping him practice at home. He's not quite there yet, but he's working on it. I'll keep y'all posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have had a very busy week! Glad you are members of AAA! Sounds like William is doing very well on mother's milk. It's good those S-H-O-T-S are out of the way so you can enjoy the weekend. I know you're appreciating getting more rest now!
With love, Diane