Tuesday, November 02, 2010

What a great day to be a kid!

Halloween! Is Halloween a great day to be a kid or what? You play dress-up, you run around outside after dark, and you get lots and lots of free candy. And your parents approve of the whole thing. It doesn't get much better than that.

Can you tell they were having a blast or what?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sammy and William, with Andrew, just prior to taking off for trick-or-treating:















You'd have thought they'd been shot out of a cannon, they moved that fast. They dashed from house to house like it was an Olympic race. William kept bellowing, "To the NEXT house!" And Sammy gamely matched him step for step en route to collecting more candy.

We had a good time, but I was exhausted when it was all over. I'm guessing that next year, when Andrew is walking and wants to tag along, it'll be even more interesting. This year, I just carried him along to enjoy looking at all the people in their costumes, and that seemed to be just fine with him.

I asked Bruce to take a picture of David, me and Andrew the Pumpkin while the boys were doing their thing. I knew there was no chance I'd get William to join us for a family picture, though, so this is as close as I got:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: