Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Saying goodbye to a friend

We said goodbye to Mason and Beth today.

Beth and her husband Randy are moving to San Antonio, Texas, on Monday, so Beth and I arranged to get our little boys together one last time today. We met up at Dinosaur Park on base to eat lunch and hang out. My friend Jennifer came, too, along with her two children.

Look how serious Mason and William look here!

















I'll really miss Beth. It was so nice, having a friend around who had a little boy who was the exact same age as William. We traded notes often, since we were going through a lot of the same things at the same time. Luckily for me, Mason usually did everything first, so then I got to benefit from Beth's newfound expertise. Having friends has made the last year a lot easier for me. It was lonely at first, being a new mom, living up here in this hot remote little town. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and when David went back to work, I really felt adrift for awhile. When I found Beth, and Jennifer, and Amy, I felt a lot better about my situation. I had people around who understood some of what I was going through. I wish I had known them before I had William, in fact! It would have made those early weeks so much better.

Here are some photos of the kids, playing today at Dinosaur Park:

Jadyn, who's coming up on her first birthday at the end of May:



















Here's William. Check out his bottom teeth:




















Mason looks like he's fending off the paparazzi here:



















I'm glad that we're moving back to Nashville this summer, but I will miss all these people. They've made my first year as a Mommy a lot easier. William should probably thank them, too! Hopefully we'll see them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have friends! Hope all of you can keep in touch and maybe plan some visits in the years to come.

Love,
Diane