Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Flash cards for William

In the neverending quest to find stuff to entertain William, I picked up these really cool flashcards at Barnes & Noble on Saturday. Yeah, yeah, mock me if you want to for buying flash cards for my proto-toddler, but check this out:



















He so loves them. Watching William studying his cards this evening on the living room floor, David remarked, somewhate ruefully, "My Type A son. It's already started."



















Okay, they may be flash cards, but they are really cool flash cards. They're the kind of cards that have stuff you can rub or touch. You can rub the teddy bear's furry tummy or feel the texture of a sweater. The "jelly" card is the best because it has a little swatch that is tacky-feeling, just like something might feel after an encounter with a PB & J.

Don't worry. I won't get too much more Type A myself yet. I don't plan to start quizzing William on his multiplication tables anytime really soon. I figure, this will satisfy my Geeky Mom quotient for awhile. We can start on the periodic table next week.

No comments: