Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day 2007

Motherhood. Not such an easy gig. Very rewarding, yes, but also very exhausting. Very exhausting, yes, but also very rewarding. Bottom line, I may be tired, but I'm glad that I embarked on the adventure.

So with that in mind, happy happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and mothers-to-be out there. A special happy Mother's Day to my own mama and to my mother-in-law. Thanks for being there for me, always.

By the way, today is a lovely Mother's Day here. Warm, but not too warm, and sunny. David and William took me to eat pancakes at the Crossroads Cafe in Joshua Tree--and y'all know how I feel about pancakes. William also "drew" a picture on a card for me, and I am enjoying a lovely vase of flowers that actually arrived on Friday. I have such nice boys in my life!

Here is a memory of me and William on our first Mother's Day together.



















And here we are about fifteen minutes ago:


















William is about, oh, three times the size that he was in the first picture. He also has a lot more hair and teeth. And attitude! Hee hee.

Last year on Mother's Day, about all he wanted to do was nurse and be held. This year, he insisted on using his own spoon to feed cereal to himself for breakfast. Last year, he cried because he was a new baby and that's what new babies do. This year, he cried because I used a baby wipe to clean cheddar cheese bits off his face and hands. When I wrote on this blog about Mother's Day last year, I'd had about three cumulative hours of sleep in the previous two days. This year, William and David came in to give me my Mother's Day card at 9:15 a.m. What a difference a year makes!

Also, I think William actually said Mama this afternoon. I was walking down the hall, and he was sitting there at the edge of the hall when he said what sounded an awful lot like it.

More Mother's Day photos...






































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a difference between your first Mother's Day and this one! William has grown into a wonderful little toddler and all of you have experienced so much together. Hope you had a wonderful day!

With Love,
Diane