Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hunting for Easter Eggs

When I was a little girl, I absolutely adored hunting for Easter Eggs. For weeks leading up to Easter, I used to beg my mother to hide eggs for me. Mom gamely complied for awhile, hiding the eggs all over our living room and dining room. But after about the fiftieth time each year, she would grow a little tired of it. We had accumulated so many plastic eggs that she would more or less toss eggs around the living room and then tell me to go "find" them. It didn't make any difference to me! I still loved picking them up and putting them in my little basket.

I've got a couple of years before I have to sign on to Long Term Egg Hiding duty. But I did take William to his very first Easter Egg hunt at the local park today. His class at the Y sponsors a big egg hunt each spring, and every child was promised at least ten eggs. We, the moms, had to provide the plastic eggs in advance, and the organizers filled them with...stuff. (I haven't opened any of the eggs yet, so I couldn't tell you exactly what's in there.)
















Like Mom, the organizers mostly just scattered eggs around the lawn next to the playground, but all the kids loved it anyway. I carried William around and we picked up some eggs together. Then I'd let him drop them into his basket.

Then William got to play with his eggs, which of course was Big Fun.
















I think this is my favorite photo from the egg hunt. I think it should be titled something like "Eureka, I have found it" or "Ode on an Easter Egg."



















Here's a shot with the bunny that was William's prize. Every boy needs an Easter Bunny, don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time at the Easter Egg Hunt! Those are such sweet pictures.

Love,
Mama Dee

Anonymous said...

William is an especially adorable bunny.
Sounds like you might need some Aleve for your back soon.

Enjoy William's first Easter!

Love,
Aunt Kat