Sunday, July 23, 2006

Three months already?

Happy Three Month Birthday, William!


In some ways, it just doesn't seem possible that three months have passed since that bright Saturday morning in April when Dr. Souther put a brand-new William on my belly and David sagged in relief that we were all okay. In other ways, it seems like much more time has passed. It's hard to really explain. So much has happened in the three months of William's life, and yet, here I am, in the exact same place, if not the exact same person. I guess William's not the exact same person either, though, so it makes sense.

William's three month birthday was mostly an uneventful day. Mostly, we just hung out at home. We watched "Wallace and Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit," read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and played with the activity mat.

William took a couple of short naps in his bouncy seat, too.


And of course, like a big boy, William went to bed in his crib in his own room. For the second night in a row. I have to admit that I cried a little this morning when I started moving his stuff out of our room. I had been keeping a stack of onesies and sleepers on my dresser, since he slept in our room. Now that he's in his big boy crib, I figured it was time to move those remaining outfits into his room, too. Now the only thing that remains in our room is the actual Pack n Play, with one blanket, a binky, and a couple of diapers and wipes. My little boy is growing up. He's getting so independent, sleeping in his own room all by himself like that!

Sniff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy three month birthday to William! They do grow up quickly! He looks so handsome in the cute tiger outfit. Give him a hug and kiss for me.
Love to the Three Peas,
Mama Dee

Anonymous said...

Love the Princeton attire. Happy birthday, William! See you next week!

Love,
Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Goodness, William is cutie!!!! I miss him, but I know he will have a good time at the beach! Aaron and Diane will have a ball! Love, Moma Judi

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»