Monday, July 17, 2006

Reverting to past behaviors

Okay, I guess I spoke or wrote too soon.

William was back to his usual tricks last night. Go to sleep, wake up at 3:30, demand to eat, go back to sleep, wake up two hours later, demand to be fed, etc. I brought him into the bed with me around 6:40 a.m., hoping that he would nurse and then fall asleep next to me. Which he did...for a little while. When he decided it was really time to be awake for the day, he started talking. I don't exactly know what he was saying, but I think "ohhhhh, ohhhh, awwww" probably translates into something like, "Jolly jump up, Mama. Time's a-wasting." And he was wriggling around like Gollum's fish, kicking and squirming next to me. When I finally gave up and decided to get up, I leaned over him. There he was, wide awake and adorable in his little gingham sleeper. He saw me looking at him, and he beamed one of those huge gummy toothless grins up at me. Little stinker.

But like I posted earlier, I figured that it would be like this. He won't even be three months old until this coming Saturday, after all. So I'm not too discouraged, although am I pretty tired. And I remember when it was a huge ordeal each evening to get him to go to sleep. I also remember when three or four hours of sleep in an entire night would have been a major victory. So it's all about keeping things in perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»