Monday, July 20, 2009

We're all a little fruity

On the way to take William to school this morning, I commented on how frustrated I was about the traffic on our usual route.

Within the last few months, two new grocery stores have opened along our route. The rejiggered traffic light at the entrance to one of them has really started making the traffic worse, and the new store is not helping. They're adding at least five minutes to our commute because traffic stacks up behind the new light, and you sometimes sit through a green light...or two...because none of the cars ahead of you can move. Grr.

So I had just finished a remark about how I wished the traffic wasn't so bad, when William piped up, "This traffic is driving me cherries!"

"Huh?" I said.

"You know," he said. "It's driving me cherries and bananas!"

Me, too, kiddo. Me, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaron and I had a good chuckle over the "cherries and bananas." Oh, he does come out with the cutest comments.

Diane