Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A snowy day

Look what we woke up to this morning!
















That was taken about 15 minutes ago. William and I came back in to warm up briefly, and we're about to head back out in the snow! But, brrrr, it is cold. You can see how William's little nose is all red. Mine probably is, too. We probably look like a pair of clowns out there!

By the way...somehow I think William knew we were going to get snow. A few days ago, he suddenly began asking us to read the book "A Snowy Day" by Jack Ezra Keats. He wanted us to read it to him before naptime and before bedtime, almost as if he was trying to memorize it so he'd know what to do when it finally snowed here. Well, let's go put his memory to the test, shall we?

Later....

We went back outside to frolic in the snow some more. (It's a good thing, too: it's nearly all gone now.)





















































Then I guess William finally had enough of the cold. He said, hopefully, "Back inside?" I laughed, thinking, "Like I'm going to force him into staying outside where it's freezing cold!" And so we made our way back into the nice warm house. And had scrambled eggs for breakfast.

















I'm just thrilled that I finally, finally got some pictures of William in the snow. This is not his first or even his second big snowfall, but it's the first one that happened both during the day and when he was old enough to walk in it. And um, it's also the first one in which the camera's battery was working. But I think it was worth the wait.

In fact, I think I had as much fun taking pictures of him as he did playing in the snow. It's one of those things that makes parenting so wonderful: you get to re-experience everything for the first time with your child. Sure not everything is going to be so wonderful to almost experience again (see: junior high). But snow? Snow has to be one of the top five.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

With Love,
Dee Dee

JenFen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first picture of William all bundled up for the snow. What is it about toddlers in beanies and mittens that is so darn cute????