Saturday, June 09, 2007

Natchez in Review

I think I can safely say that William loved visiting with his grandparents in Natchez. He got lots of attention, to put it mildly.

Here we are at church last Sunday.
































With Grandmama:
































Mom and Daddy really enjoyed his being around too. But Mom did ask me if Diane was exhausted after keeping William all day when we were looking for a house back in March. Hee hee. (For the record, Diane, would you like to weigh in?)

He splashed in the big bathtub...

















And of course, he loved all the food. Here's the photo of William eating grits for the first time. This picture is also important because it was taken at the Marketplace Cafe, my favorite place to eat in Natchez (we ate there at least five times when we were in town).



















He also practiced walking when we visited Mama Lou and Grandaddy Bill in Vicksburg...Mom has a picture of me at the same age in this very location.















I love this picture. It looks like he's just pushing his grandaddy forward...but also checking to make sure that all his fans are watching his every move.



















William, posing with his mama, grandmama and great-grandmama:

















Three generations of Williams, version two:
















He just looks all big and pink and happy, doesn't he? That's probably a good way to describe him most of the time, in fact. William is such a ham. Such a ham, in fact, that it's hard to capture the sheer hamminess on film sometimes. He just moves too fast! Mom and I were constantly trying to capture certain things with our cameras, like the vaunted "all done" and the way he waves to people. Thank goodness for digital cameras.

I'll post the, erm, interesting story of our return to the desert later, when I've sufficiently recovered from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone throughly enjoyed the visit. He does seem to love being with people, especially his grandparents and great-grands! Yes, he was a busy little guy when he was here and yes, I was amazed at how busy I was running after him! I was definitely ready for a good night's sleep by about 8 at the latest!

Love,
Mama Dee