Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day, 2007 version

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there, particularly my husband, my own daddy, my father in law, and my grandaddies.

William would also like to wish his own daddy a Happy Father's Day for the second time. (Wow, it's already their second Father's Day together!)















Thanks to David for being a great, enthusiastic, involved father to William. It's David who gives William a bath each night, then dresses him for bed and reads "Goodnight Moon." I think they both look forward to it. And boy, you should see William's face light up when David comes home from work every day. It's like Elvis has entered the building. I always hear about these fathers who are only minimally involved in their children's lives, and I am always incredibly grateful that I'm not married to a man like that! David changes messy diapers, pushes the stroller, sings night-night songs and plays with the toys.

Thanks to my father for raising me, putting up with me (see: teaching me to drive, surviving the year that I took trigonometry), putting me through school and teaching me how to do all sorts of things. For my toolbox. And for always being there for me now.

Thanks to Aaron for raising David and helping him become the person he is today. And thank you for always being so welcoming and loving to me. It really means a lot to me, and I just wanted you to know. (Also, go Braves!)

And thanks to Grandaddy Bill and Grandaddy Dudley for being such terrific grandfathers---and now great-grandfathers! I have so many terrific memories that involve both of you.

And now, to mark the occasion, I am fixing to make David one of his favorite meals: scrambled eggs and bacon. If William plays his cards right, he might score some, too. Hope you all are having a great Father's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture! David IS a wonderful Daddy, isn't he?

Love,
Diane