Sunday, September 03, 2006

William's new ride


Hey, check out William in his new ride!





This is the new stroller that we just bought. It's a Peg Perego Pliko. Try saying that three times, really fast.





David put it together this morning, and he took William for a spin around the kitchen. Thank God that David can assemble things. I've already expounded on two of the great lessons that I have learned so far--that new parents have to carry around a lot more stuff and that babies are always changing so you can't get too accustomed to anything. The third great lesson in parenthood, I think, is that everywhere you turn, for better or for worse, you're going to encounter this warning: some assembly required. Or lots and lots of assembly required. But as far as assembly goes, the Pliko seemed relatively painless, unlike the crib, which took forever to assemble. But then again, what do I know? I was hanging out with William in the nursery while David was studying the stroller manual out in the living room this morning. But I think it turned out nicely.



We hope he's going to like it. It's pretty padded, so he should be pretty comfy. Now I just have to learn how to open and close the thing.



And just because I'm all excited that I can post photographs again, here are a few more recent shots of the little prince...




He really does smile a lot. It just seems like he gets all serious when I pull out the camera. I guess he wants to try to preserve some sense of gravitas for posterity. Which, I suppose, is probably hard enough to do when you're sitting in a molded rubber chair.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like the Ferrari of baby strollers! Enjoyed seeing those cute pictures!
Love,
Mama Dee

Anonymous said...

He looks very serious. Very dignified. How many 4 mos. can pull that off?! He's a genius, I tell you!

Love,
Aunt Kat

Anonymous said...

PS He is beautiful!

Love,
Aunt Kat

Anonymous said...

PS He is beautiful!

Love,
Aunt Kat