Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Easter

Happy Easter, a few days late. And in honor of the celebration, here's a milestone for you. Here's our very first family picture, with all four of us:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was a little impromptu, granted. After church on Easter Sunday a few days ago, I insisted that we try to get some photos while we were all dressed up. My mother-in-law was standing there with her camera as David and I posed with the baby, and when William ran by and decided to sit down for an instant, she snapped away. We were lucky to get a decent shot. Hopefully we can get a more posed photo at some point in the near future, but in the meantime, I'll take this one. At least we all had our eyes open. Er, well, at least all three of the people who should have had their eyes open had their eyes open.

But, never fear. I wouldn't give up that easily on getting Easter photos of both my boys with their eyes open.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

See? You can't really tell from this shot, but Andrew was wearing the most adorable soft white day gown with a blue gingham bunny on the front. He had a matching bunny-adorned burp cloth. With boys, you get about two years, give or take, to take advantage of the sweet little clothes and stuff, and that's it. So I'm trying to take full advantage of this window while I can.

We had a lovely holiday, by the way. Diane held Andrew through the entire Easter service, and while he did snore lightly, he otherwise was good as gold. William stayed through the first third of the service so he could see David walk in with the choir and hear some of the brass ensemble's music. I got to get some photographs of the family, which of course made me happy because everyone knows how much I like to take pictures, and David was just glad that his voice held out through three repetitions of the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's "Messiah." Later that day, we grilled hot dogs in the backyard in honor of baseball season's Opening Day and watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees. (Woo!) Not bad.

I have a lot of other thoughts that I'd like to write about here, but I'll have to get to those a little later. It's dinnertime for me and William, and we need to eat while the baby's sleeping. Soon, Andrew will wake up, and then it will be Feeding Time for him for the next four or five hours for him...Just like his big brother, he's an evening and nightttime cluster feeder. Yay for me, right? Why yes, that was a hint of sarcasm that you detected. I keep telling myself, "This too shall pass" because I do remember William doing the same thing at Andrew's age. That does help keep things in perspective. Most of the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved getting to hold Andrew for so long. William really seemed attentive and enjoyed the music in the first part of the service.

Diane

Meredith said...

What a handsome family!

I can't remember which local link led me to your blog, but I always admire the classic way you dress your son(s).

One question: where do you find knee socks as pictured above? I ended up pulling my 18-month-old's regular socks up all the way at Easter because I couldn't find the right sock to go with his jon-jon.