Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rain!

It's raining.

It's raining.

It's raining.

It's RAINING!

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring....went to bed and bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning! Yeah!

I can't quite believe it, myself. I mean, I lived in the desert for four years, and before that in San Diego, where it didn't exactly pour on a regular basis. Then I move to Nashville, and it's in the midst of one of the longest droughts in recent history. But I can see the rain washing merrily down the gutters (gutters!), and the trees seem to be stretching toward the sky to soak in more of the precious rain. I am half-considering going outside and dancing around in the rain for awhile. Hmmm. Perhaps I should wait until I've met all my neighbors first before I act too much like a complete lunatic.

And darn. William's napping. He's missing the rain!

No comments: