Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day

Take me out to the ball game,



















Take me out with the crowd,


Buy me some peanuts and William snacks [okay, maybe stay away from the peanuts for now],

I don't care if I ever get back,

So it's root, root, root for the Red Sox,

If they don't win [they didn't], it's a shame [it was],

For it's ONE, TWO, THREE strikes, you're out!

At the old ball game!



















Sadly, I guess this little member of Red Sox Nation wasn't much of a good luck charm for his daddy's favorite team. Note that you can see the depressing score of the Red Sox-Royals game on the TV above William's head. It got worse after that, too. I TiVo'd the game for David, but I think I won't tell him that. Who needs to watch that kind of a blowout on opening day, right?

In positive news, though, Mommy's team--the Atlanta Braves--won in extra innings, and William's favorite player (that would be catcher Brian McCann, who with his baby face, resembles the little prince a little bit) had a good game, with a two-run home run. I guess I should be glad I didn't get William all decked out in Braves gear for Opening Day. (I couldn't have done that anyway: he long ago outgrew the adorable Braves outfits that Alethea and Glenn sent to him last summer. Time for a new, significantly larger set of Braves gear, I think.) The Braves might have lost their first game of the 2007 season, too!

We're thinking about trying to hit one more major league baseball game here in Southern California before we move to Nashville this summer. Typically, we attend several Angels and Padres games each year, skipping the Dodgers because the parking is such a nightmare at Dodger Stadium. Hopefully we can go to at least one--I know that William's too young to remember it later, but we'll remember it for him. We can tell him about it, anyway.

But he'll still have to skip the peanuts and hot dogs. At least for one more year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about David's team losing, but glad about the Braves. William looks so mature in his baseball togs! Bet he'll enjoy going to a few more games before moving to Nashville.

Love,
Diane