Sunday, April 22, 2012

Now we are six

Happy sixth birthday to my son, William.

Six years ago today, at 6:35 a.m., William was born, with his eyes wide open so he could take in everything happening around him. He's still curious, inquisitive, and eager to learn, six years later. In fact, those are some of my favorite qualities about him.

I just asked him what his favorite aspect of himself was and he pondered that for a little bit. "Maybe that I like to learn about things," he volunteered. "Like the ancient Egyptians."

I can get on board with that.

I typically do a photo retrospective each year on William's birthday, but I find that I tend to gravitate to the same old pictures every year. So I tried to choose some different one this time, ending with a picture of him at his birthday party yesterday. Behold, William through the ages (if six years can be considered ages):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love my grandson! He was so excited about turning six today! I loved seeing the photos!

Diane