Saturday, March 31, 2012

Goooooal!

William scored a goal!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wasn't there to see it, but his dad and his grandfather have both assured me that it was awesome. And more importantly, William played hard during today's soccer game. That's what really matters most.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm really proud of him for playing hard. Goal-scoring is nice, but I am just glad that he's really gotten into playing. William tends to do most things with enthusiasm, so I probably shouldn't be too surprised. But I'm still glad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The older I get, the more I value enthusiasm. I think it's highly underrated, actually. Little kids tend to be enthusiastic, and then as they grow up, they get more jaded and want to be cool. And the enthusiasm--at least, the visible enthusiasm--wanes. Well, guess what. Sometimes cool is not cool. And um, that's a total tangent. Hooray for enthusiastic kindergarteners playing soccer!

No comments: