Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy Fourth of July, 2010 style

Happy Fourth of July, everyone. As a friend of mine posted on Facebook today, I am extremely grateful to be living in a country where I can vote, worship as I choose, pursue happiness and voice my opinion. I don't have too much trouble at all with that last one, as of course you all well know by now!

I was trying to explain to William what Independence Day is and how it got started, but I don't think I did a very good job. He just thinks about it being a giant birthday party for our country with fireworks, and I guess that's just fine for a four-year-old. We can get into the American Revolution when he's older. Unfortunately, given my broken ankle, we won't be doing anything particularly exciting for the holiday. I just can't imagine going to a fireworks celebration out in the community with a broken ankle, let alone with a baby and a broken ankle.

Speaking of the baby (and you knew I would!), I wanted to also note that this is our first Fourth of July as a family of four. Andrew is now a little more than four months old now, and according to the pediatrician's office, he weighs 16 pounds and 3ounces and is roughly 26 inches long. That's about the 75th percentile for both. Pretty good sized boy I've got here, huh? I put him in the Bumbo seat to take his picture this morning, and I realized that he may not fit in it for too much longer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute little guy! He looks older than four months when he's sitting up like that.

Enjoyed spending the 4th with all of you!

With love,
Dee Dee