Thursday, June 24, 2010

A four-year-old and a four-month-old

Guess who turned four months old today.

I know, I know, it's so hard to guess. That's right. Andrew James Wyckoff. Four months old. These four months went by so quickly, much faster than my pregnancy with him did.

I can't provide all the vital stats on him yet. We're not taking him to the pediatrician for his four-month well-baby check until next Thursday. But I can say that he seems to be thriving. He's all round and chubby and pink and, as I always say, delicious. He's a happy little guy, except when he's hungry, tired, or bored--and who can blame him for getting a little grumpy in those situations? I get grumpy when I'm hungry, tired and bored, too.

Andrew loves his big brother, too. When William kisses and hugs him, he usually
grins a big toothless gummy grin...well, until William gets too enthusiastic. I guess this is the sort of thing that makes second children tough. They have to survive their older siblings. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard other parents say, "Oh, don't worry about him/her. He/She's got an older brother." Like, enough said. I guess it's a universal thing.

I promise to try to do better about posting the little developmental things about Andrew as we go forward. I know I haven't done as much of that with him as I did with William. But I really am going to try. For example, Andrew is trying so hard to roll over onto his tummy these days. He gets all the way over on his side, all curled up into a comma, and then he hangs out. Meanwhile, we all wait with our breath held, waiting to see if he wobbles over onto his stomach. Usually, it would only be a matter of about a half centimeter before he would tip over, but he just hasn't given into it yet. Maybe soon. In the meantime, he's just teasing us. I'm glad that I did write down all the stuff that William did, because there's no way I'd remember enough details to be able to compare.

No comments: