Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas? That's so five minutes ago.

William and I went to Target today. We cruised through the mostly-depleted aisles of Christmas stuff to pick up a few odds and ends to put away for next year. Boy, the pickings were slim, and it's just now New Year's Eve. Everything was finally marked down 75 percent, but I guess everyone else had already taken the best stuff.

William begged for a snowglobe, but seeing as how the only remaining snowglobes featured the cast of "High School Musical 3" and "Hannah Montana," I said, "Sorry, kiddo." I also nixed the purchase of a nutcracker painted to look like a bowler. (And I had thought traditional nutrackers were a little creepy. Be glad you missed out on the bowler.) So we headed home. I was a little disappointed not to land some great post-Christmas bargains, but I'll get over it.

William, on the other hand, was already way over it. As soon as I pulled the car into the garage, William asked, "Mommy, will you get out my Easter eggs now please?"

New Year's Resolution: Let's try to work one holiday out of our system first before moving on to the next.

No comments: