Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A walk in the park

I just realized that I really haven't posted many pictures lately. Let me remedy that right now.

Here are some photos from the day that William and I met up with his friends Leland and Mary-Allen and their parents at Dragon Park down near Vanderbilt.

The obligatory "Look! We're riding the dragon!" photo:




















And another one. Leland had just jumped off, but William and Mary-Allen were happy to pose for another nanosecond or two.




















The three little monkeys on the see-saw! Mary-Allen, William, and Leland.
















After running and jumping and getting very, very dirty, the kids were delighted at the prospect of lunch on the patio at Macdougals, a casual joint that serves chicken fingers. I don't have any good pictures of the kids at lunch that really shows off the sheer mess that we made, but trust me on this: there was so much ketchup spattered around our table (and under our table) and on our children that it looked like CSI: Macdougals by the time we were ready to head out.

Walking back to the car, with Mary-Allen's daddy as chaperone:
















I wish I had been able to video the kids while they were walking in their little daisy chain, because they were giggling so hard they could barely walk.

And finally, here we have a rare photo of adults! That's me, Mary Clare and Jerri. Without our children. I know. Amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. It looks like the little ones were having a wonderful time!

Love,
DeeDee