Sunday, December 02, 2007

More antibiotics please

The knee is still swollen. It still hurts. I have to go back to the orthopedist in the morning. Ugh. I'm worried he's going to want to admit me so they can administer IV antibiotics, and I so cannot be admitted. Who's going to watch William while I'm imprisoned in some hospital room? I don't have time for that! Heck, I don't even have someone to watch him while I trundle off to all these doctors' appointments.

I'm hoping he'll just up the antibiotic dosage or put me on another one. Of course, that would be Antibiotic No. 4, just in case you'd like to keep track, since he put me on clindamycin on Friday, after the other doc put me on augmentin and bactrim on Tuesday. And that doesn't even count the shot of Rocephin. This is getting ridiculous, isn't it? Between getting all my meds and also picking up William's asthma medication, I've been to three different pharmacies in the last six days. I feel like an ersazt junkie skulking from one place to another, trying to find the right place to score her fix.

So what I need is either 1) a miracle drug, 2) the current drugs to kick in and start working, or 3) a fairy godmother to take care of my son if I have to go to the hospital. Actually, if it's not to much to ask, can I have either No. 1 or No. 2 AND No. 3? I mean, who doesn't need their own personal fairy godmother around? I'll take her even if I don't have to go to the hospital.


Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can qualify for fairy godmother staatus but just let me know when you need help with William! Really, if you have to go to the hospital I could take sick days.

With love,

Shab said...

Oh my! Sorry about your knee! I know how important kneeling is. You never realize how important it is until you can't do it...I haven't been able to kneel for months (and may never be able to). I REALLY hope that they fix your knee SOON!

Can't wait to get the boys together!

natalie said...

Yikes - this knee thing sounds like it's getting out of hand. Hope that all of your wishes come true and that the knee gets healed up soon

Jennifer Larson said...

Looks like I have successfully dodged a bullet for now. The doctor is willing to let me finish this course of antibiotics and then wait to see what happens for a few days. If it flares up, I go back. Otherwise, I report in next Monday morning for another check.

Thanks for the good wishes, condolences, etc.