Thursday, May 11, 2006

more on sleep, and other matters

Last night, William slept better, to my utter relief. He went down for the night around 11, after dozing for awhile earlier in the evening. He slept 'til around 3. Then I fed him, held him, etc. until around 4, when he went to sleep in his bassinette again. He slept until just after 6. David's alarm clock actually went off before the hungry little prince woke up again. I got in one nap this morning of about an hour. So, comparatively speaking, not bad at all. I always feel much better, much more optimistic, more capable as a mother, on the days after I've gotten some sleep. I hope there are more such nights ahead...please, God, please!

On a completely different note, I just wrote my very first column for the paper that I work for, The Desert Sun. William's going to be famous! He'll get written up in the paper before he's even a month old.l The features editor called the other day and asked me to write a Mother's Day column about becoming a mother and motherhood in general. I wrote some last night, with one hand, while holding William, and then some more this afternoon--in between feeding sessions, and then finished it up a few minutes ago. I hope it goes over well. I am really psyched to get the chance to do something like that, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's okay! I'm definitely not an expert on motherhood, but that's something that I wrote about. Check out the website on Sunday to see what you think. If you hate it, please don't tell me, though.

No comments: